May 4, 2012: “Introducing Asian Philosophy: A Discussion of Texts and Strategies”
5:45-7:45 pm, Rm. 101 in the Department of Religion 80 Claremont Avenue
Several members of the seminar will circulate and present (for around 10 minutes) a short, philosophically interesting passage from a classical Asian text that he has found an effective way of teaching to undergraduates.
After the first hour, we will open the table for general discussion of issues in teaching Asian philosophy.
Participants so far will include:
- Warren Frisina (Hofstra University)
- Hagop Sarkissian (CUNY, Baruch College)
- Jonathan C. Gold (Princeton University)
- Andrew Nicholson (Stony Brook University)
- Tao Jiang (Rutgers University)
- Christopher Kelley (Columbia University)
- Joe McClellan (Columbia University)
Download this post as PDF (does not include comments; does not convert accented or non-Latin characters)