The Association of Chinese Philosophers in North America (ACPA)
Call for Papers and Abstracts
Submission deadline: Sep 10, 2014
ACPA Group Meeting at the 2015 Pacific Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association (APA)
April 1 -5, 2015, at Westin Bayshore Hotel, Vancouver
Description: We now welcome scholars to submit either (1) proposals for individual papers or (2) proposals for complete panels for ACPA group sessions at the 2015 APA Pacific Division Meeting. We will organize two sessions with commentators for each individual paper when possible. In addition to the quality of submission, the selection of papers for presentation will be based on how well they can be worked into a good session.
Guidelines for paper/abstract submission:
1. We especially encourage submissions that bring Chinese philosophy into conversation with contemporary discussions in other areas of philosophy.
2. Feel free to submit a 300-500 word abstract, with or without a completed paper attached. If only an abstract is submitted, a complete version of the paper is required at least 30 days before the meeting to provide the commentator with enough time for composing a response. Completed papers should not exceed 4000 words.
3. The presentation time for each paper will be between 20 and 30 minutes.
4. Please let us know if you are simultaneously submitting a separate proposal to other Asian philosophy groups for the same APA meeting.
5. Membership of the ACPA is not required for consideration or acceptance, but we ask that you be a current ACPA member by the time of the session.
Paper/Panel or abstract submissions (with your full name/affiliation/contact information) and any questions should be sent electronically to ALL three members of the selection committee:
Dr. Huaiyu Wang (ACPA President)
Georgia College & State University
Dr. Steven Geisz (ACPA Vice President)
University of Tampa
Dr. Bongrae Seok (ACPA Secretary-Treasurer)