Call for Abstracts: FORDHAM UNIVERSITY hosts an International Conference on Ancient and Medieval Philosophy
The 30th annual joint meeting of the Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy (SAGP) with the Society for the Study of Islamic Philosophy (SSIPS)
Friday, October 19 – Sunday, October 21, 2012
Fordham University, Lincoln Center, 113 W. 60th St. New York, NY10023
Including the annual meetings of scholarly societies in the history of ancient, medieval, and Asian philosophy
SAGP and SSIPS invite the submission of abstracts for conference papers to be presented at their annual meeting at Fordham University. We invite paper, panel, and roundtable submissions from faculty, graduate students, and independent scholars, although all speakers on panels sponsored by SAGP must be dues-paying members of the Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy. We especially encourage panel and roundtable proposals. Proposals for panel or roundtable discussions are due by MAY 15, 2012; proposals for individual papers are due by JUNE 1, 2012.
Panel (and roundtable) proposals
Please fill out the submission form at http://tinyurl.com/4krm96s no later than May 15. Note that presenters on panels and roundtables will need to submit abstracts of their papers, using the individual paper proposal link below, by June 1.
Individual paper proposals
Please fill out the submission form at http://tinyurl.com/4oowjcy no later than June 1.
If you have questions about the conference, the submission forms, or about the Ancient Greek and philosophy panels, contact Anna Lännström (email@example.com)
For questions concerning other panels, contact:
– Neoplatonism: Geoff Bowe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Islamic philosophy or science: Parviz Morewedge (email@example.com) or Shalahudin Kafrawi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Medieval Western: Thornton Lockwood (email@example.com)
– Chinese philosophy: Hyun Höchsmann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– [Mainland PRC only]: Parviz Morewedge (email@example.com)
– Indian Philosophy: Vishwa Adluri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Korean Philosophy: Hwa Yol Jung/Parviz Morewedge (email@example.com)
– Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy: Marie Friquegnon (friquegnonM@wpunj.edu)
For questions about membership in SAGP: contact Tony Preus (firstname.lastname@example.org).