Department of Philosophy, National Taiwan University, Taiwan.
Full-Time Teaching Positions
The Department of Philosophy at National Taiwan University invites applications for the position of Professor, Associate Professor, or Assistant Professor. Teaching appointment is effective on February 1, 2012.
Qualification: Ph.D. in Philosophy or related field.
Specializations: Applicants specializing in one of the following areas are most preferred
- Chinese Philosophy: Confucian Philosophy, Daoist Philosophy, Chinese Mahayana Buddhism, Modern & Contemporary Chinese Philosophy
- Western philosophy: Logic, Ethics, Metaphysics, History of Western Philosophy (Greek Philosophy, Medieval Philosophy, or Continental Rationalism)
Other Requirements: Applicants must be competent in teaching in Mandarin and prepared to offer mandatory courses.
(1) Photocopy of Certificate of Doctoral Degree
(An official Transcript of doctoral studies is required for the application for the position of Assistant Professor.)
(2) Curriculum vitae
(3) Publication list
(4) Description of working experiences and/or special honors (if any).
(5) Statement of research specializations and academic interests.
(6) Course syllabus: previously offered courses and courses to be offered, including mandatory courses in the department
(Teaching experiences are preferred but not required.)
(7) Four copies of dissertation or major publications (after February 2007) and other publications for reference (after February 2005)
(8) Two letters of recommendation
Deadline: All application materials should be received no later than July 31, 2011.
Please send your dossier to the following address
College of Liberal Arts
National Taiwan University
1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Road
Taipei, Taiwan, 106
Phone: 886-2-33663396 Fax: 886-2-23636269