Call For Papers: “Music and Philosophy in Early China”
November 27-28, 2015
Philosophy Program, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Submission Deadline: September 15, 2015.
– Ritual and Music in Early China
– Music and Harmony in Early China
– Music in Excavated Texts
– Music and Morality in Comparative Perspective
– Musical Naturalism in the Weijin Period
– Music, Medicine, and Cosmology in Early China
– Music and Education in Early China
– Music and Harmony in Comparative Perspective
– Diversity and Complexity in Musical Discourse in Early China
This is an interdisciplinary conference and submissions from fields such as Philosophy, Musicology, Chinese studies and Aesthetics are welcome.
There will be approximately 15 papers. There will be no parallel sessions, each paper will be allotted approximately an hour for presentation and discussion. Each paper will be assigned a commentator. For accepted presenters, most meals during the conference will be provided and the registration fee will be waived.
We hope to publish the papers in edited volume after the conference.
– Please submit an abstract (250-500 words) by September 15, 2015.
– Decisions will be made by September 25, 2015.
– Papers (5,000-7,000 words) will be due by October 25, 2015 and then will be sent to a commentator.
– Submissions should be sent to Dr. PARK So Jeong at email@example.com.
For further information or question, contact Dr. PARK So Jeong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference committee: LI Chenyang, Franklin PERKINS, PARK So Jeong (Philosophy Program, Nanyang Technological University).
This conference is sponsored by CLASS (Centre for Liberal Arts and Social Sciences), CoHASS, NTU.