Update: A reminder that the deadline for abstracts is coming up this Friday!
I’m delighted to announce that this year’s meeting of the North-East Conference on Chinese Thought will be held November 12-13 (Sat. & Sun.) at Yale University. The NECCT annual meeting is an opportunity for students of Chinese thought (broadly defined) from across the northeast (also broadly defined) to share and discuss their work. We are very excited to resume this annual tradition after the disruptions of the last few years.
- WHERE: Luce Hall at Yale University, which is the home of the Council on East Asian Studies. We will have access to a large conference room and a lounge for meals and refreshments.
- FORMAT: Fifteen 30-minute slots (eleven on Saturday plus five on Sunday morning.) We ask speakers to speak for 20 minutes and leave 10 minutes for Q&A.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: For speakers only, hotel rooms in downtown New Haven for the nights of 11/11 and 11/12.
- TRAVEL: NECCT doesn’t normally cover travel expenses. However, this year we have a fund of $1500 to cover travel costs for students.
- HOW TO APPLY: By Friday, September 2, please send your talk title and abstract to Mick Hunter (email@example.com). We expect to have the schedule finalized by 9/5. Students seeking help with travel costs should contact the same email address by the end of October.
If you have any questions about the conference, please contact Mick Hunter (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to hearing from you!