The Association of Chinese Philosophers in North America [ACPA]
Call for Papers and Abstracts
Submission deadline: April 30, 2012
ACPA Group Meeting at the APA Eastern Convention
December 27-30, 2012, at the Marriott Atlanta Marquis
Description: ACPA group meetings at the APA conventions have been successful in providing scholars an opportunity to try out new ideas and receive inputs for further development of the paper. The attendance has been good, and we have always arranged one commentator for each paper presented. We now welcome scholars to submit completed drafts, paper abstracts, or panel proposals for the 2012 APA Eastern Meeting. With one session devoted to the panel for DAO best essay award, we shall continue to host another session with three to four papers, with commentators for each paper. We will try to organize the session in keeping with a cohesive theme. Therefore, the selection of the paper for presentation will be partially based on how well it can be worked into a good session.
Guidelines for paper/abstract submission are as follows:
- Papers on any topic of Chinese philosophy are welcome, but we especially encourage submissions that bring Chinese philosophy into conversation with contemporary discussions in other areas of philosophy.
- Membership of the ACPA is not required for consideration or acceptance, but all participants must have their ACPA memberships at the time of presentation.
- Feel free to submit a 300-500 word abstract for consideration. However, a complete version of the paper should be submitted no later than 30 days before the meeting, so that the commentator will have sufficient time to write a thoughtful response.
- If you submit a full paper for consideration, the paper should not exceed 4000 words. Papers must be typed and in reproducible condition. Please include a word count.
- The presentation time for each paper will be between 20 and 30 minutes. Please be prepared to present a meaningful version of your paper in the amount of time you will have; papers as long as 4000 words will not be able to be read aloud in their entirety.
Paper or abstract submissions and any questions should be sent electronically to ALL three members of the selection committee:Dr. Tongdong Bai email@example.com Dr. Huaiyu Wang firstname.lastname@example.org Dr. Steven Geisz email@example.com