Thanks to Alexus’s comment, I realize that I failed to use “Asian” as a search term, and in fact there are several more relevant ads:
- University of San Francisco (Asian Philosophy)
- University of New Mexico (Buddhist Philosophy)
- Underwood International College of Yonsei University (Asian Philosophy)
- Yale-NUS College (Asian Philosophy — Tenured/Head of Studies)
- Skidmore College (Open, but description emphasizes that “The Department has teaching needs in Asian, African, or other traditions heterogeneous to European.”)
UPDATE: Here is another relevant job listing:
- Eastern Connecticut State University (Comparative Philosophy)
Please note that I have added the recently-listed Eastern Connecticut job to the main post.
There’s also one more recent listing, Loyola University Chicago–advertises AOS in “Value Theory and/or Non-Western Philosophy”. This is a banner year!
One more job opening, for an assistant professor at the University of Hong Kong. The AOS is “open.” Applicants working in Asian or comparative philosophy are highly welcome.
Applications are being accept through AJO here:
And one more pops up! Missouri State University lists a position with one of the AOS possibilities listed as Asian Philosophy:
And another!! Union College just posted a position with Asian Philosophy as one of the disjuncts in its AOS.
The takeover of Philosophy has begun. 🙂
Don’t forget this one from Eastern Connecticut State University:
Oh, I see that Steve hadn’t forgotten that one. Sorry about that.
And the jobs keep coming–one more, at Midwestern State University, this time with “Non-Western Philosophy” as one of the AOS possibilities:
Susquehanna University lists “Asian Philosophy” as an AOC for an “Open” AOS position:
University of Oregon lists “Asian Philosophy” as an AOC for an “Ethics” AOS position:
Also, The University of Southern Maine http://philjobs.org/job/show/6562
Pace University has “Asian Philosophy” as an AOS/AOC :