The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is inviting scholars and scientists to join the university as an Assistant Professor or Associate Professor under the University’s flagship Vice-Chancellor Early Career Professorship Scheme. This portion is open to any Scholars and scientists in any discipline that have a PhD or equivalent degree obtained not more than 10 years earlier than the date of application. Read below for more information or click here for details on the CUHK’s website.
Applicants interested in the following four interdisciplinary research areas are especially encouraged to apply, although applications in other research fields are also welcome.
• China: Tradition and Modernity
• Information and Automation Technology
• Innovative Biomedicine
• Environment and Sustainability
In addition all successful candidates will be offered:
• Named tenure-track appointment as “Vice-Chancellor Assistant Professor” or “Vice-Chancellor Associate Professor”
• Basic salary of not less than HK$1 million per annum plus one-off start-up fund of up to HK$2 million
• Benefits such as relocation support, housing allowance, leave, medical benefits and retirement benefits
• Teaching load reduction for the first two years and abundant opportunities for interdisciplinary or cross-Faculty collaboration
• Excellent research support and infrastructure