Call for Papers and Abstracts: ACPA at 2017 Eastern APA
Submission deadline: May 20, 2015
Association of Chinese Philosophers in North America (ACPA) Group Meeting at the 2017 Eastern Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association (APA)
January 4 – 7, 2017 at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, Baltimore, MD.
Description: We now welcome scholars to submit either (1) proposals for individual papers or (2) proposals for complete panels for ACPA group sessions at the 2017 APA Eastern Division Meeting. The ACPA sponsors a “Dao Best Essay Award” session at the Eastern APA every year, with the participants invited by Professor Yong HUANG and the editorial board of Dao: A Journal of Comparative Philosophy. Beyond the Dao session, ACPA will organize one or two additional group sessions at the Eastern APA (with commentators for each individual paper when possible). In addition to the quality of submission, the selection of papers for presentation will be based on how well they can be worked into a good session.
Info on the Association of Chinese Philosophers in North America (ACPA) is available here: http://www.acpa-net.org
Guidelines for paper/abstract submission:
1. We especially encourage submissions that bring Chinese philosophy into conversation with contemporary discussions in other areas of philosophy.
2. Feel free to submit a 300-500 word abstract, with or without a completed paper attached. If only an abstract is submitted, a complete version of the paper is required at least 30 days before the meeting to provide the commentator with enough time for composing a response. Completed papers should not exceed 4000 words.
3. The presentation time for each paper will be between 20 and 30 minutes.
4. Please let us know if you are simultaneously submitting a separate proposal to other Asian philosophy groups for the same APA meeting.
5. Membership of the ACPA is not required for consideration or acceptance, but we ask that you be a currentACPA member by the time we submit the session information to the APA in October.
Paper or abstract submissions (with your full name/affiliation/contact information) and any questions should be sent electronically to all three members of the selection committee at their university email addresses:
Dr. Steve Geisz (ACPA President)
University of Tampa
s g e i s z [at] u t [dot] e d u
Dr. Bongrae Seok (ACPA Vice President)
b o n g r a e [dot] s e o k [at] a l v e r n i a [dot] e d u
Dr. Suk Choi (ACPA Secretary-Tresurer)
s u c h o i [at] t o w s o n [dot] e d u