Bryan Van Norden is interviewed about his new book Taking Back Philosophy: A Multicultural Manifesto by Dan Kaufman. Some of the topics:
- Just how Euro-centric are American philosophy departments, anyway?
- Is racism baked into Western philosophy?
- A brief account of Western dalliances with Eastern thought
- Why new movements in philosophy must kill their ancestors
- Why do philosophy departments stay white? Subtle self-selection, Bryan says
- Is philistinism killing philosophy as a discipline?