Attention China Scholars,
The Journal of Chinese Humanities (JOCH) is expanding operations by adding an editor to our staff. We would especially like to encourage those with a background in Chinese philosophy to apply. The position is full time and would require the applicant to locate to Jinan, China. We are the English Language extension of 文史哲 and have recently published volumes on Daoism and Chinese meritocracy.
Responsibilities will include processing and reviewing English and Chinese language submissions, communicating with authors, editing articles and translations, organizing article and book reviews, marketing and outreach, planning journal development, and organizing academic activities.
Qualifications are as follows:
• Fluent in English, with the ability to compose written works in academic English
• Proficient in Chinese reading, writing, and speaking
• Background in major field of sinology e.g. philosophy, literature, or history
• At least a Master’s Degree in a field of sinology (PhD preferred)
• Editorial experience a plus
JOCH is an English language, SCOPUS indexed journal for traditional Chinese literature, history, and philosophy. The position is open until filled. Preference to early applicants. Interested parties should send their CV to Patrick Turk at Patrick@journalofchinesehumanities.com along with a brief statement of interest.