The Philosophy Department of the Chinese University of Hong Kong is calling for applications for its Ph.D. programs that start from Fall 2020. The CUHK has a world-renown program in philosophy, equally strong in Chinese philosophy, analytic philosophy, and Continental philosophy. In the QS Subject Rankings in the most recent three years, it is ranked as the best philosophy program in Asia (it was ranked at the 30th, 34th, and 28th world-wide respectively in the last three years).
Every admitted Ph.D. student receives a generous full scholarship. There are two Ph.D. programs in terms of the source and amount of funding:
(1) Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) @ CUHK Application
Deadline: 2 December 2019
- Established by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) in 2009.
- Aims to attract the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their Ph.D. programs in Hong Kong’s universities.
- Provides a monthly stipend of HK$25,800 (approx. US$3,300) and a conference travel allowance of HK$12,900 (approx. US$1,655) per year during the normative study period for up to three years.
(2) Ph.D. Programme in Philosophy @ CUHK Application
Deadline: 31 January 2020