Hereby I’d like to draw your attention to the following announcement by the Research Center for Chinese Cultural Subjectivity, National Chengchi University, Taipei (Taiwan). If you have any further question, you can write to email@example.com (or just send me a message: I am one of the four co-directors of this center). Please also note the tight dead-line.
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW POSITIONS
in the Research Center for Chinese Cultural Subjectivity, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
The newly-formed Research Center for Chinese Cultural Subjectivity*, National Chengchi University in Taipei, Taiwan is seeking applications for four Postdoctoral Fellow openings in areas related to cultural perspectives of Chinese studies, particularly regarding the relation between the special linguistic modalities of Chinese and thought, ethical and religious practice in contemporary context, such as Chinese & Sinophone linguistics, Comparative studies in Chinese and Western philosophy, Chinese & Sinophone literature, Chinese or Taiwanese history, Chinese religion, Applied Ethics and Psychotherapy in Sinophone societies, Sinophone digital literature, and their variations. Academic researchers who have interests across the areas aforementioned or excelled in broadening or elaborating other possible dimensions in this spectrum are sincerely welcome to apply.
* More about Research Center for Chinese Cultural Subjectivity: https://goo.gl/8QrfMj
RESPONSIBILITIES and FEATURES
The Fellows’ primary appointment will be in the research center. The appointed candidates will be expected to
- collaborate with other members of the research center.
- develop research and write academic works.
- submit at least one article in the research periodical or one book for publishing in one year.
- submit more than one article at academic conference in one year.
- organize study meetings with graduate students and workshops, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the research center at the international level.
The Fellows will have freedom to propose research topics of their interests related to the research center. They will also have the opportunity to collaborate with related research networks of Taiwan, and Eastern Asia, engaging in research activities, and to teach and mentor in National Chengchi University. The research center also offers budget for the Fellows to publish academic effort, including doctoral dissertation.The research center is putting in place:
- staff dedicated to facilitating all aspects of research activities, including consulting, organizing, course arrangement, and collaboration.
- extensive computing resources available and access to library and research databases.
The hiring of the Postdoctoral Fellow expects to be starting from September, 2018, and the standard term will be for 1-2 years, possibly extended to three years, with monthly salary NTD 56,550, benefits including working and health insurance, and 1.5 month bonus per year. Research space will be arranged on campus of National Chengchi University as well.
1. Just obtained PhD degree with excellent notes within last three years.
2. Being capable of Chinese or English with or above intermediate level.
3. Expertise in Chinese studies, including but not limited to Chinese & Sinophone linguistics, Comparative studies in Chinese and Western philosophy, Chinese & Sinophone literature, Chinese or Taiwanese history, Chinese religion, Applied ethics and Psychotherapy in Sinophone societies, Sinophone digital literature, and their variations.
- (1) CV, both in Chinese and English, with profile photo (2) self-description both in Chinese and English (3) copy of PhD certificate (if not issued in Taiwan, should offer its notarized paper as the hiring is assured). (4) certificates of Chinese and English capacity (5) doctoral dissertation (6) academic publications (7) a research statement outlining a proposed program of research (either in Chinese or English), (8) Others (e.g. reference letter**)
- Please make the above item (1)~(4) into one single PDF file, and attach it with item (5), (6), and (7) and send them to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please entitle your email with “Application for Postdoctoral Fellow_ (your name)”.
** Reference letters can be sent to this email address: email@example.com , or post to this address: Rm350325, RIIC, No. 64, Sec. 2 of ZhiNan Rd. Wenshan Dist. Taipei City, Taiwan, 11605
PM 24:00, 2nd September, 2018.
All qualified candidates are welcome to apply. The Research Center for Chinese Cultural Subjectivity encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including men and women, members of visible minorities, indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
Further interviews will be arranged. The applicants who are not selected for the interview will be not notified, and all the application materials will be not returned, either.
*** If you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number: +886-2-2939-3091 Ext. 69325