The Research Center for Chinese Cultural Subjectivity in Taiwan (CCS) will be hosting the 2nd Sinophone Studies in Europe and the Americas (SEA) International Young Scholars Conference in March 2022 at National Chengchi University, Taiwan. We invite post-doctoral researcher, Ph. D. candidate, doctoral or master’s degree student in all related fields to discuss different research approaches with their Taiwanese counterparts.
The goal of the SEA 2022 conference is to re-think existing paradigms in fields and sub-fields like Asian Studies, Sinology, Transcultural Studies, Religion Studies, Applied Ethics, Comparative Literature and Philosophy, History of Thought, Global History, Digital Humanities, etc. One central question that we want to explore is how to understand the idea of (geographic, linguistic, conceptual) “border” in the global present, and how different Sinophone perspectives interrogate this and other related ideas, in particular with regard to the following topics:
- Categories and Boundaries in Transcultural Perspective.
- Inclusivity and Demarcation in Sinophone Religions.
- Sinophone Studies in Practical Horizon.
- Conference Date: 24th-26th March 2022
- Venue: The conference will take place simultaneously online and face-to-face in Taipei, for scholars already in Taiwan.
- Submission link: https://forms.gle/j54SyLsTVHvgpCaT6
- Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for Abstract: 15th August 2021
- Notification of Abstract: 30th September 2021
- Submission Date of Full Paper: 28th February 2022
- The Proceedings will be published around August 2022.
For all other details, please see here.