The International Society for Comparative Studies of Chinese and Western Philosophy (ISCWP) have had very successful panels at the APA (American Philosophical Association) meetings in the past. We plans to sponsor one or two panels at this year’s Eastern Division Meeting of APA, which will be held on December 27-30, 2013, at the Marriott Waterfront, Baltimore, USA. We hereby invite submissions.
Our Goal: We would like to encourage submissions of individual papers that are comparative, as well as panels which combine philosophers working primarily in Chinese traditions with those working primarily in Western traditions, aimed at promoting more in-depth engagement between the two groups. We have not stipulated any specific themes for the panels, but would welcome suggestions.
Eligibility: We continue to welcome non-ISCWP members to propose papers to be included on an ISCWP-sponsored panel, or even propose a panel that is related to the ISCWP’s aims, so please feel free to send this notice to philosophers who might be interested even if they are not ISCWP members yet.
Please send all submissions by April 30th, 2013.
1. To submit a paper proposal, please provide a 250-300 word abstract. The abstract needs to include the presenter’s name, institutional affiliation, paper title, and email address.
2. To submit a panel proposal, please provide an overall abstract of the panel topic of 250-300 words, including due justification. It must include the following for each chair, speaker, and commentator on your panel:
name as it is to appear in print
paper title (for presenters)
3. You may submit a partial panel proposal – the earlier the better – and ask for help in filling it out. We may help build panels based on partial panel proposals received early in the process.
4. If you are interested in being a commentator, please let us know.
5. Announcement of papers and/or panels selected for presentation will be made by late May.
6. Address all submissions and inquires to: