The Journal of Chinese Humanities (JOCH) is expanding operations by adding an editor to our staff. The position is full time and would require the applicant to locate to Jinan, China.
Responsibilities will include processing and reviewing English and Chinese language submissions, communicating with authors, editing articles and translations, organizing article and book reviews, marketing and outreach, planning journal development, and organizing academic activities.
Qualifications are as follows:
• Fluent in English, with the ability to compose written works in academic English
• Proficient in Chinese reading, writing, and speaking
• Background in major field of sinology e.g. philosophy, literature, or history
• At least a Master’s Degree in a field of sinology (PhD preferred)
• Editorial experience a plus
JOCH is an English language, SCOPUS indexed journal for traditional Chinese literature, history, and philosophy.
The position is open until filled. Preference to early applicants. Interested parties should send a CV and statement of interest to Patrick Cody Turk at Patrick@journalofchinesehumanities.com