The International Society for Comparative Studies of Chinese and Western Philosophy (ISCWP) plans to sponsor one or two panels at next year’s Pacific Division Meeting of APA, which will take place at The Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego, California, USA on April 16-20, 2014. We hereby invite submissions.
Our Goal: We would like to encourage submissions of proposals of individual papers and panels. We encourage papers or panels that promote in-depth engagement between Chinese and Western philosophy. When the board members select papers, we normally try to find papers that have common theme to form a panel. You may have a better chance to be accepted if you submit a panel proposal which already has a common theme.
Eligibility: We continue to welcome non-ISCWP members to propose papers to be included on an ISCWP-sponsored panel, or even propose a panel that is related to the ISCWP’s aims, so please feel free to send this notice to philosophers who might be interested even if they are not ISCWP members yet.
Please send all submissions by Sunday September 15, 2014.
1. To submit a paper proposal, please provide a 250-300 word abstract. The abstract needs to include the presenter’s name, institutional affiliation, paper title, and email address.
2. To submit a panel proposal, please provide an overall abstract of the panel topic of 250-300 words, including due justification. It must include the following for each chair, speaker, and commentator on your panel:
- name as it is to appear in print
- email address
- paper title and abstract (for presenters)
3. You may submit a partial panel proposal – the earlier the better – and ask for help in filling it out. We may help build panels based on
partial panel proposals received early in the process.
4. Announcement of papers and/or panels selected for presentation will be made by late October.
5. Address all submissions and inquires to:
I really look forward to receiving your submissions!!
All the best,
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Philosophy
Gambier, OH 43022
Vice President, International Society for Comparative Studies of Chinese and Western Philosophy (ISCWP)
Book Review Editor, Dao: A Journal of Comparative Philosophy