Call for Papers
Philosophy and the World: International Conference for Graduates
Department of Philosophy, National Taiwan University
National Taiwan University is proud to host its annual graduate conference of philosophy on 2016/05/14-15. This year’s theme is “Philosophy and the World.” The conference will be conducted in both Chinese and English. We invite all potential participants to join us on this complex yet exciting journey of collaborating across cultures and languages. We welcome all paper submissions by graduate students (master’s and doctoral students) and post doctoral students . This year’s theme centers around five main axes:
1. Chinese philosophy, including Pre-Qin philosophy, Confucianism, Daoism, Yijing philosophy etc.
2. Buddhist philosophy, especially Buddhist Philosophy of Sex and Gender, Buddhist Ethics of life, Buddhist logic.
3. Applied philosophy, including Philosophy of Science, Philosophy of Political Science, Applied Ethics, philosophy of religion, philosophy of social science, etc.
4. German philosophy, including Hermeneutics and Phenomenology.
5. Analytic philosophy, including metaphysics, epistemology, ethics, metaethics, virtue ethics, logic, philosophical logic, and philosophy of language, Bayesian epistemology, formal epistemology, epistemic logic.
Papers related to the above themes are particularly encouraged, but other topics are also welcome and will be considered as long as they fulfill our submission requirements (see below). Exemplary papers may be published following the conference. The philosophy department at National Taiwan University will provide participants traveling from overseas with financial support for hotel accommodations for three nights (5/13-5/15). The Conference Committee regrets that we are unable to provide travel and breakfast stipends for participants.
Submissions should include:
1. Title of paper
2. Abstract (one page, 300-500 words, PDF format)
3. Application form
Please fill out the application form provided and email it along with the other required documents to Mr. Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2015/12/22. You will receive a reply within three working days to confirm receipt of your submission. Results will be sent out on 2016/01/29. The full text of accepted papers must be submitted by 2016/04/08 otherwise the paper’s acceptance will be forfeited. For more information, please visit our site at http://philosophyntu.wix.com/philoandworld.