Dear Friends of the ISCP
On behalf of the ISCP Executive Board (Ann Pang-White, Weimin Sun, Jinli He and myself), I would like to wish you all a happy and productive 2019. It has been two years since we took office and here is the highlight of the ISCP events:
- For 2019, our President Richard King is organizing the 21st ISCP International Conference at the University of Bern, Switzerland. The theme of the conference is Reality, Argumentation, and Persuasion: Metaphysical Explorations and Epistemological Engagements in Chinese Philosophy. We have finished the selection of papers and panel proposals, and the list of initial acceptance is on the website: http://www.iscp-online.org/iscp-2019-initial-list-of-papers/.
- In the summer of 2018, we organized a small-scale, by-invitation-only, conference at Shaanxi Normal University in Xi’an, China. The theme of the conference was Harmony and Justice: Moral Practice and Reconstruction of Society.
- In the summer of 2018, we also sponsored a two-day conference as an associate society of the World Congress of Philosophy held in Beijing.
- We have continued to organize group sessions at the APA meetings and AAR (American Academy of Religion) meetings.
- In 2017, our former President Chenyang Li organized the 20th ISCP International Conference at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. The theme of that conference was Chinese Philosophy in a Multicultural World. It drew close to 250 participants.
In 2021 our 22nd ISCP International Conference will be held at East China Normal University in Shanghai, with Professor Yang Guorong as its main leader. Looking ahead, we are starting to think about an ideal location for our 23rd ISCP International Conference in 2023. The ISCP International Conferences have been alternating among Asia, US and Europe. So we hope that one of the Universities in the US can host the 23rd Conference. Please kindly offer suggestions or nominate your own institution as the possible host.