We welcome full panel proposals and individual paper submissions on the following themes for 2021.
● Lineage in Confucianism, and in various constructions/interpretations of Confucianism
● Rhetorical analysis of the dialogue form in Confucian texts, including its implications for both textual analysis and teaching philosophy
● Theorizing relationality in Confucianism; this could include comparisons with other approaches/traditions
● Confucianism and resilience or reconstruction; responses to tragic loss or destruction
● Discussion of a recent book or books on any aspect of Confucian Studies
● Translation workshop on a primary text
Other topics are also welcome, as are co-sponsored sessions with other Units.
Mission Statement: This Unit is committed to the study of the diversity of religious traditions associated with Confucius and his followers, including areas where Confucian thought and practice intersect with those of other traditions. The Unit embraces historical, philosophical, and dialogical approaches, and is not located in any single country or discipline.
Method of Submission: INSPIRE
The online version of our CFP is at https://aar-conference.