Call for Papers and Abstracts: ACPA at the Pacific APA (San Francisco, Westin St. Francis Hotel), April 8-11, 2020
Submission deadline: September 22, (Sunday) 2019
Association of Chinese Philosophers in America (ACPA) group session at the 2020 Pacific Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association (APA).San Francisco (Westin St. Francis Hotel), April 8-11, 2020)
We welcome scholars to submit individual and panel proposals to be considered for inclusion on two ACPA group sessions at the 2020 APA Pacific Division Meeting.
We are open to submissions that engage with Chinese philosophy in a wide variety of ways and we are not specifying a theme for the group sessions prior to receiving proposals.
In addition to the quality of submission, the selection of papers for presentation will be based on how well they can be worked into a good session.Info on the Association of Chinese Philosophers in North America (ACPA) is available here: http://chinesephilosophersacpa.weebly.com
Guidelines for paper/abstract submission:
- We encourage submissions for individual papers or full panel that bring Chinese philosophy into conversation with contemporary discussions in other areas of philosophy.
- Feel free to submit a 300-500 word abstract, with or without a completed paper attached. If only an abstract is submitted, a complete version of the paper is required at least 3 weeks before the meeting to provide the chair and/or commentator with enough time to develop comments and questions for the discussion. Completed papers should not exceed 4000 words. The presentation time for each paper will be between 20 and 30 minutes.
- Please let us know if you are simultaneously submitting a separate proposal to other Asian philosophy groups for the same APA meeting.
- Membership of the ACPA is not required for consideration or acceptance, but we ask that you be a current ACPA member by the time we submit the session information to the APA.
- If you submit your proposal, please send the following information electronically to ALL three members of the selection committee listed below:
- abstract (300-500 words) or full paper
- your full name
- email address