The ISCWP plans to sponsor one or two panels at the 2019 APA Central Meeting, which will take place in Denver, February 20-February 23, 2019.
We would like to encourage submissions of proposals of individual papers and panels. We encourage papers or panels that promote in-depth engagement between Chinese and Western philosophy (broadly construed). The submissions will be reviewed by all the three members of the board. When we select papers, we normally try to find papers that have a common theme to form a panel. You may have a better chance to be accepted if you submit a panel proposal which already has a common theme.
Eligibility: We continue to welcome non-ISCWP members to propose papers to be included on an ISCWP-sponsored panel, or even propose a panel that is related to the ISCWP’s aims, so please feel free to send this notice to scholars who might be interested even if they are not ISCWP members yet.
Please send all submissions by July 22, 2018.
Please send abstracts and proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To submit a paper proposal, please provide a 250-300 word abstract. The abstract needs to include the presenter’s name, institutional affiliation, paper title, and email address.
- To submit a panel proposal, please provide an overall abstract of the panel topic of 250-300 words. It must include the following for each chair, speaker, and commentator (optional) on your panel:
- – Name as it is to appear in print
- – Affiliation
- – Email address
- – Paper title and abstract (for presenters)
- You may submit a partial panel proposal – the earlier the better – and ask for help in filling it out.
We may help build panels based on partial panel proposals received early in the process.
Members of the ISCWP Board