The Confucian Traditions Group of the AAR invites proposals concerning any aspect of Confucianism from any geographical area. Topics of particular interest this coming year are:
- Confucianism, death, and after
- Confucian interaction with Buddhism
- archaeological discoveries and Confucian texts
- contemporary representations of Confucianism, post-modern Confucianism, and/or Confucius Institutes
- roles and agency in Confucianism
- feelings and emotions
Proposals for a panel with a well-conceived theme and structure stand the strongest chance of acceptance, whereas proposals for an individual paper do not.