September 9–10 2019
At Research Institute for Japanese Studies (RIJS), Kanda University of International Studies, 1-4-1 Mihama-ku, Wakaba, Chiba-shi 261-0014, Japan.
This conference aims at providing a platform for scholars in the field of Asian Studies and world philosophies to both discuss and perform the task of translating Asian philosophical texts into western languages. Any papers on the philosophy of translation, critical analyses of existing translations, or ongoing translation projects are welcomed.
Submission deadline: July 15, 2019
- Please submit your CV and abstract or paper to Takeshi.Morisato@gmail.com. The abstract should be 300-500 words and the papers must be suitable for a 25–30 minute presentation (no more than 3500 words). If the presentations will be on the past or the present translation projects, please make sure to send us the pdf of the original (which will be distributed to other presenters before the conference).
- All submissions must be in .doc or .docx format and should be prepared for blind review.
- Please include in your email the following details: (i) author’s name; (ii) paper title; (iii) word count; (iv) 5–10 key words, (v) institutional affiliation; and (vi) contact information.
- Responses to submissions will be sent by July 30, 2019.
- Please send any questions to the conference organizers listed in the contact.
- Takeshi Morisato (Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium)
- Roman Pașca (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Taisuke Ueno (Kanda University of International Studies, Japan)