1. Introduction, Amy Olberding.
– Part I Text and Context.-
2. History and Formation of the Analects, Tae Hyun Kim and Mark Csikszentmihalyi.
3. The Commentarial Tradition, John B. Henderson and On-Cho Ng.
4. Confucius and His Communit, Yuet Keung Lo.
– Part II The Conceptual Landscape.-
5. Ren 仁: An Exemplary Life, Karyn Lai.
6. Ritual and Rightness in the Analects, Hagop Sarkissian.
7. Family Reverence (xiao 孝) in the Analects: Confucian Role Ethics and the Dynamics of Intergenerational Transmission, Roger T. Ames and Henry Rosemont Jr..
8. Language and Ethics in the Analects, Hui Chieh Loy.
9. Uprightness, Indirection, Transparency, Lisa Raphals.
10. Cultivating the Self in Concert with Others, David B. Wong.
11. Perspectives on Moral Failure in the Analects, Amy Olberding.
– Part III Mapping the Landscape: Issues in Interpretation.-
12. The Analects and Moral Theory, Stephen C. Angle.
13. Religious Thought and Practice in the Analects, Erin M. Cline.
14. The Analects and Forms of Governance, Tongdong Bai.
15. Why Care? A Feminist Re-appropriation of Confucian Xiao 孝, Li-Hsiang Lisa Rosenlee.
16. Balancing Conservatism and Innovation: The Pragmatic Analects, Sor-hoon Tan.
– Index Locorum.